Halloween Gift Swap – Get paired up and exchange gifts!
I thought I’d better get this going now, since we’re already past the first week of September!
In 2009, I participated in a Halloween swap at Koala Fuzz and had a lot of fun opening my package for the 13 days leading up to Halloween. Tara Colna was my partner and she sent me the cutest handmade stuff. I couldn’t find any Halloween swaps going on this year, so I thought I’d start one myself (with the coercing of someone else who really wants to do it!). Here goes…
This is how it works:
– If you want to participate, fill out the form at the bottom of this post. I’m not having you just enter in the comments, since I need mailing addresses and those need to stay private, just between you and the person you’re paired up with. Be sure to answer these questions:
What’s your favorite scary movie?
Do you have children?
Are you willing to ship internationally? (Keep in mind you could potentially be spending a lot more in postage.)
Your favorite fall scent?
Your favorite color?
Your favorite candy and favorite baked item (Answer both – whichever one you get will be a surprise.)
Are you allergic to anything (so we know not to send it to you)?
Do you have a blog, facebook, instagram, tumblr OR youtube? (Where you can show off the goodies your swap partner gave you each day.)
Your answers will help your swap buddy gather gifts that you’ll love.
- You can enter to participate from today until September 20th. I can’t draw it out any longer than that, since we will need plenty of time to gather the gifts and ship them. Please only enter if you know you can commit to it. We don’t want anyone missing out on their package.
- On FRIDAY (not Monday lol), September 20th or 21st, you’ll find out who you partner is, receive the answers to their questions, and their shipping address and email address. Keep this information safe!
- October 8th is when we should be done gathering the gifts together and sending them out, so everyone will have their package with plenty of time to spare, and in case there are any mailing issues. Each item should be small (but mailed out in the same box), and wrapped separately, so you can unwrap each one on the days leading up to Halloween. Be sure to label each one Day 1 – Day 7 appropriately. I just ask that you get a tracking number so we can keep track of things.
– October 25th is the day you will open your first gift (Day 1), and Halloween is the day you will open your last gift (Day 7). Please post your gift on your social media account and use the hashtag #halloweenswap if you post on instagram, tumblr or twitter. I’ll also be keeping track of the URLs you submitted in a page on this blog, so we can see your stuff!
The Gift Categories
Day 1 – Something old OR something glittery.
Day 2 – Something Halloween-themed that involves the person’s favorite color.
Day 3 – Something involving your partner’s favorite fall scent (cinnamon, apple, pumpkin, dead leaves).
Day 4 – Something $1 or less.
Day 5 – Something “bloody” or “gross”.
Day 6 – Something handmade (by you).
Day 7 – Partner’s favorite candy OR baked items.
Keep in Mind:
– Let’s do a $20 limit total for spending on the gifts, not counting the shipping costs.
– Please get a tracking number when you ship, so we don’t have any lost packages.
– Day 6 should be something handmade, but other things can be handmade too if you want.
– When sending something edible, please make sure it’s wrapped really well (if not already in a sealed package) and is sanitary. Also, nothing that can make a mess in transit. Pay close attention in case they specified anything that they are allergic to!
– Spread the word so we can get as many people on board as possible. You can share this post any way you like, or put this button in your sidebar and link it back to this post!
- Feel free to email your swap partner if you have any questions for them, or email me (angie @ thismuseistaken.com) if you have any questions about the swap itself.
Click this link to go to the form (Google Docs) —> The form is closed!